- Dumbo, Brooklyn: A Neighborhood Transformed By Its Vibrant Tech Industry
- The European Financial Crisis: Can It Be Solved?
- US Multinationals Face Declining Profit in Europe, Tapping Into Latin America Instead
- An Interview With NYU Stern School Of Business Professor Kim Ruhl On Multinational Companies And Their Impact On Underdeveloped And Developing Countries
- Google, Microsoft and FedEx Top List of “The 2012 World’s Best Multinational Workplaces”
Category Archives: Global Business
“I do not believe maximizing profits for the investors is the only acceptable justification for all corporate actions. The investors are not the only people who matter. Corporations can exist for purposes other than simply maximizing profits” – John Mackey, … Continue reading
Much of Wall Street is supporting Mitt Romney, who vows to repeal parts of the 2010 Dodd-Frank Act, which heavily regulates how the financial sector is run. New York — Mitt Romney has won the support on Wall Street (despite … Continue reading
Multinational automakers, such as General Motors, Ford and Toyota have recently announced their plans to help with the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy. According to an InsideLine article, General Motors said those whose cars were damaged or destroyed due to … Continue reading
The rather messy and ongoing lawsuit involving Chevron’s operations in Ecuador seems to only be getting worse. The article I posted last week discussing the 18-year-long legal battle between the energy giant and the government of Ecuador talked about how … Continue reading
As Hurricane Sandy is quickly approaching New York City, estimates of the storm’s extensive damage and economic impact appear far-reaching. In fact, according to a Bloomberg article, the storm may cause approximately $20 billion in economic damage. The article even … Continue reading
Tropical rainforests, pristine rivers and natural animal habitats used to be the image of the Ecuadorian Amazon. Nowadays, this picture looks very different. The government of Ecuador filed a lawsuit, claiming energy giant, Chevron, polluted their rainforests over two decades … Continue reading
Foreign Direct Investment Explained Check out this video I created on Xtranormal, explaining foreign direct investment.